One of the groups, the Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) has previously used female militants to stage attacks, a departure from most suicide bombings in the region that largely involve male perpetrators. By REUTERS MARCH 3, 2025 16:17 Locals wait as the road is blocked after railway tracks collapsed, a day after separatist militants conducted deadly attacks, in Bolan district of Pakistan’s restive province of Balochistan, Pakistan August 27, 2024. (photo credit: REUTERS/NASEER AHMED) A female suicide bomber killed a Pakistani paramilitary force member and injured four others in Pakistan’s southwestern Balochistan province, a district official said on Monday. “One soldier of the Frontier Corps was killed and four others injured in the suicide attack conducted by a female suicide bomber,” said Bilal Shabbir, the deputy commissioner of Kalat District where
Tag Archives: Conflict
The Israeli government says it has blocked the entry of all humanitarian aid into Gaza because the first phase of the ceasefire with Hamas has expired. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said Hamas had so far refused to accept a temporary ceasefire extension under a proposal by US President Donald Trump’s envoy, Steve Witkoff. A Hamas spokesman called the move “cheap blackmail” and a “coup” on the ceasefire agreement and urged mediators to get Israel to resume the supply of aid. The Palestinian group wants phase two of the deal to go ahead as originally negotiated, with the release of hostages and Palestinian prisoners and the withdrawal of Israeli forces from Gaza. On Friday night, Hamas said it would not agree to any extension of phase one without guarantees from
Dogwoof/Yabayay Media/Antipode Films Basel Adra with his camera in his West Bank home, an Israeli army bulldozer behind him A Palestinian and an Israeli sit in a West Bank village at night. They wonder aloud whether Basel will ever be able to freely visit Yuval’s home in Israel, whether Basel’s village will get building permits, and whether they will one day have stability. For years, the friends have been filming the destruction of houses, a well and a school by the Israeli army after a court order declared Basel’s community illegal. They tell each other they hope they will change that reality. Now, that scene has reached some of the world’s biggest stages. The film it is in, No Other Land, has been nominated for an Oscar and a Bafta
Khan Younis and Deir el-Balah, Gaza Strip, Palestine – Saqr Maqdad and his family set out on their difficult journey back to northern Gaza late on Sunday night, hours before Israel reopened the north for the first time since the early days of its 15-month war on the Palestinian enclave, following a fragile ceasefire agreement with Hamas. Leaving behind the Khan Younis displacement camp in the south, the 31-year-old, along with his wife, and two daughters, Reema, 5, and two-year-old Rawaa, walked northward along the coastal al-Rashid road hoping to reach Beit Hanoon, the family’s hometown, at the far northern tip of the besieged territory. The Maqdad family were among an estimated 200,000 Palestinians who streamed back into the most devastated parts of the Gaza Strip on Monday, a dramatic
Smoke rises from the site of an Israeli airstrike that targeted a neighbourhood in Beirut’s southern suburbs on November 12, 2024. (Photo by Anwar AMRO / AFP) Lebanon said two Israeli strikes on central Beirut killed six people on Sunday, with Hezbollah confirming its spokesperson was among the dead. Israel has been heavily bombing Beirut’s southern suburbs, a Hezbollah stronghold, since all-out war erupted on September 23, but attacks on central Beirut have been rarer. The first strike, on Beirut’s Ras al-Nabaa district, killed four people, including Hezbollah’s media relations chief Mohammed Afif, the group and Israel’s military said. Rescuers with the Amal-linked Risala Scouts association use an excavator to search the rubble for survivors or victims, a day after an Israeli airstrike hit their headquarters in the southern Lebanese
An excavator clears rubble and debris at the site of an overnight Israeli air strike on town of Sarafand, between Sidon and Tyre in southern Lebanon, on October 30, 2024. (Photo by Mahmoud ZAYYAT / AFP) Lebanese state media said the Israeli army on Friday detonated explosives planted inside houses in three border villages that have been battered by the Israel-Hezbollah war. Hezbollah says it is engaged in fighting Israeli forces in the area, more than a month into an Israeli ground invasion aimed at pushing the Iran-backed group away from the border. Rescuers walk in front of a destroyed building following an Israeli strike in the southern Lebanese town of Ghaziyeh on November 3, 2024, amid the ongoing war between Israel and Hezbollah. (Photo by Mahmoud ZAYYAT / AFP)