Israel vowed yesterday to continue fighting in Gaza until all hostages are returned, as it unleashed its most intense strikes since a ceasefire. The health ministry in the Hamas-run territory reports that more than 400 people have been killed. Hamas accused Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu of deciding to “resume war” after an impasse in truce negotiations, and warned that the return to fighting could be a “death sentence” for hostages still alive in Gaza. The strikes were by far the biggest and deadliest since a truce took effect in January. Netanyahu warned Hamas this month of consequences it “cannot imagine” if it does not free hostages still in Gaza, and Israeli media reported on plans aimed at ramping up pressure on Hamas dubbed the “Hell Plan”. The White House
Tag Archives: Netanyahu
The Israeli government says it has blocked the entry of all humanitarian aid into Gaza because the first phase of the ceasefire with Hamas has expired. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said Hamas had so far refused to accept a temporary ceasefire extension under a proposal by US President Donald Trump’s envoy, Steve Witkoff. A Hamas spokesman called the move “cheap blackmail” and a “coup” on the ceasefire agreement and urged mediators to get Israel to resume the supply of aid. The Palestinian group wants phase two of the deal to go ahead as originally negotiated, with the release of hostages and Palestinian prisoners and the withdrawal of Israeli forces from Gaza. On Friday night, Hamas said it would not agree to any extension of phase one without guarantees from
Netanyahu’s advisors “allegedly received payments, maintained connections, and did business with the country that funded Hamas,” Golan said. By ELIAV BREUER FEBRUARY 13, 2025 12:09 Updated: FEBRUARY 13, 2025 12:51 Leader of the Democrats party Yair Golan leads a faction meeting at the Knesset, the Israeli parliament in Jerusalem, on February 10, 2025. (photo credit: YONATAN SINDEL/FLASH90) Democrats party chairman and former deputy IDF chief of staff Yair Golan said in a press conference on Thursday in Tel Aviv that “there is a suspicion of betrayal in the Prime Minister’s Office that must be investigated.” Golan’s comments came in the wake of a report on Channel 12 on Tuesday that Eli Feldstein – a member of the prime minister’s media team who is currently under house arrest for leaking classified
Donald Trump said the ICC abused its power by issuing “baseless arrest warrants” targeting Netanyahu and former Defense Minister Yoav Gallant. By HANNAH SARISOHN FEBRUARY 7, 2025 00:42 Updated: FEBRUARY 7, 2025 01:54 US PRESIDENT Donald Trump holds a signed executive order in the Oval Office last week. (photo credit: Carlos Barria/Reuters) US President Donald Trump issued sanctions to members of the International Criminal Court through an executive order on Thursday evening as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu wrapped up his day meeting with lawmakers on Capitol Hill. Trump said the ICC abused its power by issuing “baseless arrest warrants” targeting Netanyahu and former Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, according to the order. “The ICC has no jurisdiction over the United States or Israel, as neither country is a party to the
Saudi Arabia said on Wednesday it would not formalise ties with Israel unless a Palestinian state was established, after the Israeli prime minister remarked that he thought normalisation with the Gulf kingdom was “going to happen”. “Saudi Arabia will continue its relentless efforts to establish an independent Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital, and will not establish diplomatic relations with Israel without that,” the Saudi foreign ministry said in a statement. Both US President Donald Trump and his predecessor Joe Biden have backed Israel and Saudi Arabia having diplomatic relations. Riyadh paused tentative talks on the matter early in the Gaza conflict and hardened its rhetoric as the war continued. In a shock announcement on Tuesday, Trump said the US would take over the war-ravaged Gaza Strip after
See Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s address to US President Donald Trump in Washington, DC. By BENJAMIN NETANYAHU FEBRUARY 5, 2025 09:09 US President Donald Trump greets Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as he arrives at the North Portico of the White House in Washington, DC, on February 4, 2025. (photo credit: JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images) “Thank you, Mr. President. I’m honored that you invited me to be the first foreign leader to visit the White House in your second term. This is a testament to your friendship and support for the Jewish state and the Jewish people. I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again: You are the greatest friend Israel has ever had in the White House. That’s why the people of Israel have such enormous respect
In a stunning proposal, President Donald Trump said Tuesday that the U.S. will “take over” the Gaza Strip, “level the site” and rebuild it, after earlier saying Palestinians living there should leave. “They instead can occupy all of a beautiful area with homes and safety, and they can live out their lives in peace and harmony” in other areas or countries, he said at a news conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. “The U.S. will take over the Gaza Strip, and we will do a job with it, too. We’ll own it and be responsible for dismantling all of the dangerous unexploded bombs and other weapons on the site. Level the site and get rid of the destroyed buildings. Level it out,” he said. “Create an economic development that
In a devastating turn of events, Israeli airstrikes in northeast Lebanon have resulted in the deaths of 23 Syrian refugees and a Lebanese national, according to Lebanon’s Health Ministry. The strikes, which occurred on Thursday, targeted a building housing workers, highlighting the escalating conflict between Israel and Hezbollah. Additionally, an airstrike on an apartment building […]