Google’s interactive Doodle today celebrates pizza, one of the most popular dishes in the world! On this day in 2007, the culinary art of Neapolitan “Pizzaiuolo” was inscribed on the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
Today’s interactive #GoogleDoodle celebrates a dough-licious dish loved all around the world: Pizza! 🍕🌎
— Google Doodles (@GoogleDoodles) December 6, 2021
The pizza puzzle game introduced today, a part of today’s Google doodle, features beloved pizza toppings globally. The game challenges its players to slice based on their choice of pizza and keep a close eye on the requested toppings and number of slices. Players are requested to keep a close eye on the requested toppings and number of slices as more accurate the order, the more stars you earn, as per Google.
What is the history of pizza then?
The blog reads: “Although flatbread with toppings has been consumed for centuries in ancient civilisations from Egypt to Rome, the southwestern Italian city of Naples is widely credited as the birthplace of the pizza known today (dough layered with tomatoes and cheese) in the late 1700s. It’s here that the story of pizza begins: one that is baked together with centuries of global migration, economic development and technological evolution,” Google’s blog on the same also mentions that around 5 billion pizzas or 350 slices per second in the US alone are consumed every year.
Today’s Doodle features these pizzas (in order of appearance):
- Margherita Pizza – Cheese, Tomatoes, Basil
- Pepperoni Pizza – Cheese, Pepperoni
- White Pizza – Cheese, White Sauce, Mushrooms, Broccoli
- Calabresa Pizza – Cheese, Calabresa, Onion Rings, Whole Black Olives
- Muzzarella Pizza – Cheese, Oregano, Whole Green Olives
- Hawaiian Pizza – Cheese, Ham, Pineapple
- Magyaros Pizza – Cheese, Salami, Bacon, Onion, Chili Pepper
- Teriyaki Mayonnaise Pizza – Cheese, Teriyaki Chicken, Seaweed, Mayonnaise
- Tom Yum Pizza – Cheese, Shrimp, Mushrooms, Chili Peppers, Lime Leaves
- Paneer Tikka Pizza – Paneer, Capsicum, Onion, Paprika
- Dessert Pizza – Endless Possibilities
Are you playing the pizza puzzle game?